Friday, May 20, 2011

How Do I Love thee.. Do I love Thee?

In the scriptures Jesus Christ was asked a question about the the commandments. The question was, "Master which is the greatest commandment in the law?" The Savior answered in a way that many did not expect. He said, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind...This is the first and great commandment...And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." The savior declared that the most important thing to do over all is to love. It was not to pay tithing, or to fast everyday, But it was to love God and love others.

I know that too many times i don't remember that commandment, i think that a persons driving speed or appearance trumps my need to follow this crucial commandment. The commandment is not long or glorious but it is important and too often is forgotten. We put other commandments above and declare them to be more important than to love a person. We are working with Gods Children, no matter the clothing, the color or the attitude of the person neither what rule or commandment they have broken, we all are sons and daughters of God, and should be treated as one.

One of the hardest things for me to overcome on my mission was to love all those around me, especially with doors slammed in the face or cruel words thrown at your direction. I struggled a great deal with the fact that i was trying to share what is most valuable to me, and others didn't care. I found that it had become to easy to look past the good and only notive the bad. Then the time came when i realized that god didn't send me on a mission to find anger with others, But he sent me to learn to love them, no matter the circumstance, even if they were snott faces. I still face trials and sometimes its very, very hard to find love, but then i remember the words the savior said, "Love one another; as i have loved you, that ye have love one to another... By this shall men know ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." We truly are followers of Christ as we share the love Christ so freely gives to us. How can we so willingly take, but find no reason to give that love to others.

This lady arabelle, joined a group in new york where they got together to discuss civility and kindness, she found a great discovery from someone she never expected to.

We need to follow Gods most important law, we need to love more than we condemn and take those by the hand and show them gods love. Just as this woman arabelle learned from a sweet homeless man, we can learn from all those around us. As we learn more about the love of God we can spread that abroad to all those we see. Let us all love one another! Can't we all just get along? I think we can! so lets try it eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment